7 Steps To Bow Pose
This week, I’m breaking down Bow Pose. Keep reading for key alignment tips and don’t forget to watch the video! Give love to your hip flexors next time you’re practicing by trying one of the variations described below!
1. Start by simply laying down on your belly and see how the hip flexors and low back are feeling.
2. You could remain here taking a few deep breaths or keep going by bending your knees. If bending the knees makes It hard to breathe, stay in the original position.
3. To keep going, flex your feet and grab the outside of your ankles with your hands.
4. Push your feet back toward an imaginary wall. This action will help lift your chest up, giving the shoulders a nice stretch.
5. Try rocking back and forth using your breath.
6. Consider a block or bolster underneath your belly to help you lift up.
7. Did you need to back up a step and create more space in your hip flexors? Try Sphinx or Seal pose instead!