Yoga Tutorial | How To Do Half Moon
This week we are focusing on a balancing pose called Half Moon. We are using the wall as it keeps us honest. Keep reading for key alignment tips!
1. Make sure the foot placed on the wall is hip level and not any higher than that. Actively push the foot into the wall.
2. Unlike Warrior 3 where the hips are squared, in Half Moon we want the hips stacked open.
3. Lift both kneecaps towards your quadriceps
4. If you’re just learning the pose, or are less flexible, place a block underneath the bottom hand. Remember that the block has three levels so use the one that is most appropriate.
5. The foundation and stability of this pose is coming from the big toe that is on the mat. Remember to push it down firmly or lift up all of your toes.
6. Top and bottom hands should be in one nice line. To help achieve this and open the chest, pull the shoulder blades together.
7. You can test your foundation by picking up the bottom hand and see if and where you collapse.